
Spring is my favorite season because it means that winter is over and there are so many bright colors involved. Green represents growth, so that is the color that I started with. I wanted to put a flower in this composition, and since daisies are wild but also pretty I used the traditional white and yellow for that. To relate the yellow center and white petals of the daisy, for the word "spring" I found this paper that fades between yellow and white. Since yellow and green are related, I needed a contrast color. Pink is bright, happy, and definitely contrasts with yellow and green. The daisy stands out against the pink and green background and the spring isn't lost either. Making collages is something that I enjoy doing in my spare time, especially for cards. I tend to used lines and squares a lot so I stuck with that technique for this. One part I am not happy with is how the stem of the daisy gets lost in the background. I wanted to incorporate the daisy with the word somehow, but it is hard to see which is disappointing.

This one I did for fall was just for fun (I can't claim it as my own because I used tree branches from an ad I found). I added the red for leaves that got increase in size as they get towards the bottom like they are getting closer to the viewer. I arranged the letters in a downward curve like they are falling as well, but what would have made this better is if the letters got larger as they got closer to the bottom as well. The main contrast in this composition is between the purple trees and letters, and the orange background. The red leaves on top of the purple branches and leaves creates depth. I used red and orange because they are classic colors of fall with the changing leaves, and I used purple for the accent. Even though it doesn't have much to do with fall, it creates a nice affect with the red and orange, and it still feels like fall.
Great job! I really like the colors and style of the Spring. I had trouble with the font on mine, the one you picked works well.
ReplyDelete