A. What is something that is going well in your life?
I am currently trying to decide where I want to go to school next year, and I am making pretty good headway with my decision. I am not very good at making decisions, so that is a big step for me, especially with a decision that big.
B. What are your specific goals for this class?
Graphic design is always something I have been interested in; I have magazine advertisements all over my room. My main goal for this class is to understand the processes behind those advertisements and maybe I will find it interesting enough to continue on with it after this semester.
C.What was your first experience with design, computers, and imaging technology like?
My mom uses Adobe and has showed me a few things, but I really just know how to do the basics.
D. Do you usually work on a Mac or a PC and why?
I usually use a Dell, because that is the kind of computer I have; it was a graduation present. If necessary, I do know how to work on a Mac.
E. What is your experience level with any of the other image editing or vector programs available?
I have minimal experience with anything other than Adobe, as I mentioned before.
F. What is something you liked about your day today?
Today is my day off, so I got to sleep in!
G. How do you plan to use what you learn in this class?
In taking my classes this semester, I really hope to find something that I can focus on for the rest of my schooling.
H. What would make this class go very well for you?
Keeping up with the assignments will make this class go very well for me. I haven’t done much with graphic design in the past, but I’ve always had an interest so as long as I stay interested, I’m sure the class will go fine.
I. How do you plan to make this class go very well for you?
I plan to make sure not to get behind and use all the resources I can.
J. What do you do for creativity on an on-going basis?
When I have time, I love to sew. Bags are what I really like to design and make. I also really enjoy making collages from old magazines.
K. Who is Milton Glaser? Paul Bass?
Milton Glaser is a very talented and successful graphic designer in the United States.
Saul Bass was a movie poster designer for the early cinema films. Instead of using images or paintings which were traditional for the time, he created his own way of portraying the film for advertising. “Symbolize and summarize” was his motto. (http://saulbass.tv)
L. Do you own or have access to a color image scanner?
Yes I have access to a color image scanner.
M. What software application will you be using for the course?
I will be using Adobe Photoshop CS4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment